The YMCA of Brisbane works, from a base of Christian values, to provide opportunities for all people to grow in body, mind and spirit.
The YMCA of Brisbane is guided to achieve their mission by the following Christian values:
- The dignity and intrinsic worth of all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or beliefs.
- The whole person, consisting of a body, a mind and a spirit each of which is of equal importance.
- Healthy communities based on relationships between people which are characterised by love, understanding, mutual respect and a sense of belonging.
- Equality of opportunity and justice for all people.
- The diversity of people, communities and nations.
- Acceptance of personal responsibility.
These core values translate into four key operational values: