Sep 12 | Casual Customer Service Officer | Bowen Hills
The YMCA operates a number of services including Child Care, health and fitness, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and hospitality along with benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program.
The YMCA Bowen Hills Fitness and Recreation Centre provides a fully equipped 24/7 gymnasium, group fitness rooms, gymnastics, childcare and a café.
The main goal within our community is to create more opportunities for more people to be more active, more often, especially those who are least likely to participate in healthy and active lifestyles.
The Customer Service Officer is the face of our organisation and as such it is critical that Customer Service staff display a commitment and belief in the mission of the YMCA. In addition to providing all customers with the highest possible level of service, Customer Service staff will be inclusive and tolerant and will at all times recognise and respect an individual's gender, race, age, culture, ethnicity, class, religion or disability.
This is a casual position and requires flexibility to work early mornings, evenings and weekends.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to meet the following selection criteria:
- Previous recent experience in a front-of-house customer service role;
- Demonstrated exceptional customer focus and service skills;
- Excellent organisational, problem-solving and prioritisation skills;
- Ability to meet set goals and deadlines;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and phone manner;
- Intermediate computer skills (POS, Outlook, MS Word/Excel);
- Current Senior First Aid & CPR or a willingness to obtain this;
- Possess, or be willing to obtain, a positive notice Blue Card in accordance with the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000;
- Willing to obtain a Safeguarding Children Certificate
A competitive remuneration package that meets industry expectations will be on offer to the successful applicant based on experience and qualifications. The YMCA also offers a wide range of YMCA benefits and discounts on several YMCA services including health and fitness memberships, hotel accommodation, dining discounts and childcare discounts. This will be coupled with professional support from a management team with experience in the field.
Interested? Apply Now!
To apply, please upload your resume and covering letter detailing your experience against the criteria stated above directly via SEEK.
Applications close 26th September 2017
Applicants must be approved to work in Australia and willing to apply for a Blue Card.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people.