Oct 06 | Child Protection Advisor | Brisbane
The YMCA operates a number of services including Child Care, health and fitness, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and hospitality along with benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program.
The YMCA is one of Brisbane's most recognised community organisations which operates a number of services including childcare, health and fitness, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and hospitality along with benevolent activities including YMCA Vocational Schools, Affordable Housing and the Schools Breakfast program.
The YMCA is committed to the safety of all children and young people and is recognised as being a child-safe organisation under the Australian Childhood. The role of Child Protection Advisor will be based from the YMCA Head Office in Fortitude Valley and will be supported by others within the team. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced person to continue the rewarding work of keeping children safe in our community.
The YMCA is looking for a proactive, experienced and outcomes-focussed professional to coordinate and oversee our child protection system. As part of the role, you will also be required to support our staff by developing and delivering training in aspects of child protection that will lead to prevention of harm and safe environments for children and young people.
This is a permanent, full-time position with reasonable autonomy over your day to day work and the possibility of intermittent inter-state travel (twice per year).
To be successful in this role you will be able to meet the following criteria:
- Minimum Diploma qualification relevant to work in the field of child safety, such as social work, human services, social welfare or psychology
- Minimum of five years' experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in the preparation and delivery of training programs to staff teams
- Demonstrated understanding of the Child Protection Act and Mandatory Reporting requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Demonstrated excellent communication, interpersonal and customer liaison skills
- Proven ability to advise, mentor and communicate with influence
- Demonstrated strong investigative and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated strong organisational abilities, prioritisation skills and records management
- Demonstrated ability to use monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy;
- Possession of a current positive notice Blue Card;
- Current Driver's Licence.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a market competitive salary including a fully maintained motor vehicle, excellent working conditions including support from a management team with experience in the field, professional development, salary sacrifice options and the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of children and young people. The YMCA also offers an employee benefits program which includes free gym membership
Interested? Apply Now!