Oct 11 | OSHC Assistant Coordinator | Boondall
The YMCA is one of Brisbane's most recognisable customer-focused community organisations.
The YMCA operates a number of services including Child Care, health and fitness, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and hospitality along with benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program.
The YMCA Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) services offer before school, after school and vacation care for children attending primary school, including the preparatory year. We are led by the YMCA of Brisbane's mission to provide opportunities for all people to grow in body, mind and spirit and have a strong focus on inclusion.
The YMCA is currently recruiting for an Assistant Coordinator for our Boondall service.
This is a permanent, part-time position. Your working hours per week will be approx. 34 hours.
In this position, you will assist the Service Coordinator with the day-to-day management and running of the service. You will receive support from a dedicated management team, consisting of the Coordinator, Area Coordinator and the OSHC Manager.
As an OSHC Assistant Coordinator you will assist with:
- The development of quality programs
- Managing the day to day running of the programs
- Supporting and managing staff
- Ensuring compliance with policy
- Undertake administrative requirements
- Work collaboratively with families and the school community
This is a great opportunity for you to take the next step in your career in childcare.
- Completed relevant qualifications in Childcare or Teaching (Minimum of Diploma in Children Services);
- Demonstrated experience in assisting with managing an OSHC service or similar and in the care and education of children;
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining effective administration and correct documentation in an OSHC service;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- First Aid and CPR certification or willingness to obtain;
- Certificate of Suitability to work with Children and Young People (Blue Card) or willingness to obtain.
- NQF knowledge would advantageous.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with excellent working conditions including support from a management team with experience in the field, professional development and a rewarding working environment. The YMCA also offers an excellent employee benefits program which includes free YMCA gym membership, discounted accommodation rates at the George Williams Hotel, discounted rates at our childcare facilities, meal discounts at Old Petrie Town and a range of online benefits through our online employee discounts and benefits program.
Interested? Apply Now!
APPLY TODAY by submitting a cover letter detailing your experience against the selection criteria as stated above and your resume directly via SEEK.
Applications close 24th October 2017
Applicants must be approved to work in Australia and willing to apply for a Blue Card.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people.