Jan 10 | Family Day Care Coordinator | Nerang
The YMCA is one of Brisbane's most recognisable customer-focused community organisations.
The YMCA operates a number of services including Child Care, health and fitness, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and hospitality along with benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program.
YMCA is one of Brisbane's most recognisable customer-focused community organisations. We now have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and professional Family Day Care Coordinator, who will be based in our Nerang Office. This positions is for 4 days (30 hours) a week. Reporting to the Gold Coast Family Day Care Manager, this person will be responsible for supporting YMCA Family Day Care Educators and the children and families who use these services.
Key responsibilities of the position will include:
- Demonstrating a high level of communication and community development skills;
- Maintaining the individual and general records of a child and family; educator and family; and co-ordination unit as required by the current Child Care legislation, YMCA FDC policies and National Quality Framework;
- Supporting Educators as often as is necessary through a variety of methods to ensure that the quality of care is being maintained, and that Educators are receiving relevant resources and assistance;
- Providing educational leaderships in ensuring Educators are resourced so that they are able to provide a programme that meets the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of children;
- Ensuring educators demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and provide a safe caring learning environment for the children
- Identifying and assisting with the preparation, implementation and evaluation of training programs for Educators and other staff;
- Ensuring confidentiality of all records and files;
- Training, supervision, monitoring and supporting educators,
- Ability to connect and liaise effectively with staff, parents, educators and other professionals.
- Ability to network and work in partnership with other community services
- Complying with all legislation relating to Family Day Care
To be successful in the role you will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Diploma in Children's Services;
- At least three years' experience in the early childhood industry
- Current unencumbered Queensland Positive Notice Blue Card, current Senior First Aid and CPR;
- Current Queensland Driver's License.
- Excellent administration skills (written and verbal, record keeping, telephone skills and computer literacy);
- Ability to work as a team player and/or independently;
- Acceptance and understanding of diversity of lifestyles, child rearing practices and knowledge of child development (0 - 16yrs);
- High level interpersonal and conflict resolution skill including developing and maintaining professional and respectful relationships
- Knowledge of Child Care Legislation pertaining to Family Day Care;
- Understanding of CCMS and accountability requirements is desirable;
- Training skills and knowledge of adult learning principles is desirable;
- Experience with the National Quality Framework practices.
If successful, you will be rewarded with excellent working conditions including support from a management team with experience in the field, professional development and a fun and rewarding working environment. The YMCA also offers a great employee benefits program which includes discounts and free offers to our employees.
Interested? Apply Now!
APPLY TODAY by submitting a cover letter detailing your experience against the selection criteria as stated above and your resume directly via SEEK.
Applications close 22nd January 2018
Applicants must be approved to work in Australia and willing to apply for a Blue Card.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people.