Feb 21 | Childcare Lead Educator | Jamboree Heights
The YMCA is one of Brisbane's most recognisable customer-focused community organisations.
The YMCA operates a number of services including Child Care, health and fitness, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and hospitality along with benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program.
Tucked away in Jamboree Heights is a real hidden treasure! A thriving community of dedicated members, staff and kids.
We are now seeking a Lead Educator to join our team.
The successful applicant will be working as a Group Leader for a Pre-Kindergarten Program, this role consists of approx. 10-15 hours per week within school hours throughout the state school terms. There is also an opportunity to work additional hours during school holidays within our vacation care program.
Reporting to the Child Care Coordinator, your responsibilities will be:
- Develop, plan and implement effective quality programs for children;
- Ensure a safe environment exists for children at the Centre with suitable behaviour management processes in place;
- Ensure records are kept and updated on each child's development and daily observations and reflections are completed;
- Continually monitor the cleanliness, safety, security and presentation of the Centre in conjunction with other staff;
- Build strong and respectful relationships with children, families and team members;
- Be familiar with the requirements of current versions of The Child Care Act, Child Care Regulations and the NQF in particular The Early Years Learning Framework;
- Continually meet all early childhood regulations, standards and workplace safety legislation;
- Work as part of an efficient and high functioning team;
To be successful in the role you must have the following:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (minimum requirement);
- Previous experience in the care and education of children and/or young people;
- Excellent communication, negotiation and customer service skills;
- A positive attitude and be a team player;
- Sound computer skills;
- Current First Aid and CPR certification;
- Certificate of Suitability to work with Children and Young People (Blue Card).
Interested? Apply Now!
APPLY TODAY by submitting a cover letter detailing your experience against the selection criteria as stated above and your resume directly via SEEK.
Applications close 16th March 2018
Applicants must be approved to work in Australia and willing to apply for a Blue Card.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people.