Mar 05 | OSHC Coordinator | Ashgrove
The YMCA is one of Brisbane's most recognisable customer-focused community organisations.
The YMCA operates a number of services including Child Care, health and fitness, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and hospitality along with benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program.
YMCA Child Care Programs believe every child and young person should be given a real chance to develop in body mind and spirit. We work in accordance with the National Quality Framework and the Education and Care Services National Regulations.
This is a full-time position working 38 hours per week and working split shifts are required for this role.
As a YMCA OSHC Coordinator you will:
- Develop quality programs
- Manage the day to day running of the programs
- Coordinate staffing and rostering of staff
- Support and manage staff
- Ensure compliance with policy and organisational procedures
- Undertake administrative requirements
- Work collaboratively with families and the school community
This is a wonderful opportunity to become part of a growing team and to advance your career in childcare with an experienced service provider.
This role is based at our service in Ashgrove.
To be successful in this exciting opportunity you will need to have:
- Diploma qualification in Childcare, Teaching or other relevant area;
- Experience as an OSHC Coordinator or in a similar position;
- Knowledge and understanding of all relevant and current legislation regarding the provision of school age care;
- Excellent customer service, communication and liaison skills;
- Demonstrated sound computing skills including Qikkids and the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Current Blue Card, First Aid and CPR certification (or willingness to obtain).
- NQF knowledge would be advantageous
A competitive remuneration package (including above award rates) that meets industry expectations will be on offer to the successful applicant based on experience and qualifications. The YMCA also offers a wide range of benefits and discounts on several YMCA services including health and fitness memberships, hotel accommodation and childcare discounts. This will be coupled with professional support from a management team with experience in the field.
Interested? Apply Now!
APPLY TODAY by submitting a cover letter detailing your experience against the selection criteria as stated above and your resume directly via SEEK.
Applications close 16th March 2018
Applicants must be approved to work in Australia and willing to apply for a Blue Card.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people.