Mar 05 | Casual Receptionist | Brisbane
We are a long established, successful hotel perfectly located in the heart of Brisbane's CBD who now has a rare opportunity to join our Front Office Team.
The position offers casual evening and day reception shifts and has requirements to work across a seven day roster.
On average, you will be working between 15 to 32 hours per week in this position. You may also be required to work additional hours as required to cover for staff on annual leave.
The key responsibilities include:
- Providing guests with professional and attentive service, ensuring customer satisfaction;
- Maximising revenue and occupancy through sale of accommodation rooms;
- Conduct daily auditing and financial reporting procedures;
- Complete reservation, registration and check out procedures for hotel guests;
- Maintain accurate guest accounts and shift balances;
- Responsible for maintaining security and OH&S requirements for the property;
The successful candidate must be able to meet the following selection criteria:
- Willing and able to work flexible hours as determined by the business requirements;
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills including an ability to handle in a professional manner queries, complaints and any difficult situations which may arise;
- Demonstrated strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team;
- Sound knowledge of computer systems including the Microsoft Office Suite of programs;
- Willingness to undergo a Police Criminal History Check.
If successful, you will join a team of enthusiastic hospitality professionals, focusing on guest service.
Interested? Apply Now!
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter, along with your resume, telling us why you are the ideal person for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 19th March 2018
Applicants must be approved to work in Australia and willing to apply for a Blue Card.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people.