Mar 06 | Human Resource Advisor | Brisbane
The YMCA operates a number of services including Child Care, health and fitness, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and hospitality along with benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Officer/Adviser, eager to further their Human Resources career within a growing community focused organisation.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the position is a true generalist role to support our staff who work in the many industries that the YMCA of Brisbane operates in including; Childcare, Fitness and Recreation, Hospitality, Camping, YMCA Social Impact, YMCA Vocational Schools, Training and Education and our many benevolent programs.
Working collaboratively and within a small team, the position supports the full spectrum of HR responsibilities including;
- Provision of HR advice/support to line managers and group managers.
- Coordination of recruitment and selection across the organisation and participation in recruitment processes for senior roles.
- Provision of HR Advice regarding performance management, employee relations and disciplinary matters.
- Participation in key HR projects; acquisitions, business process improvement, policy review and systems review.
- HR Administration and coordination of staff appointments, terminations, remuneration, conditions of service and employment contracts.
- HR Reporting; preparation of HR related reports, submissions and general correspondence.
- Experience in payroll processing (as a support) and the maintenance of Payroll / HR / Time and Attendance systems would be advantageous.
To be successful in the role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
- Well demonstrated experience as a HR Officer/Adviser (3 yrs min).
- Degree Qualifications in HR or related discipline.
- Knowledge of HR and IR legislative requirements and the ability to interpret and apply awards.
- Experience with payroll systems and HR systems (ideally with Meridian, Time Target and Connx).
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage workload, meet deadlines and with strong attention to detail.
- A strong customer service ethos and ability to work across multiple industries and support staff from diverse industries.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in HR administration and high attention to detail.
- Blue Card/Working with Children Check or the ability to obtain.
As part of our HR and payroll team, the position carries significant responsibility within both the organisation and within the team. The successful candidate must align with the YMCA's core values of Honesty, Respect, Caring and Responsibility. Candidates must have an open drivers licence and own vehicle (travel reimbursement will be provided).
A salary commensurate with experience and qualifications will be offered to the successful candidate, plus the capacity to salary package. In addition The YMCA offers many employee benefits including discounted child care, and access to YMCA fitness and recreation facilities.
Interested? Apply Now!
Please apply directly via SEEK
For a confidential discussion please call Edwina Hill HR Manager on p: 07 3253 1717 or m: 0408 691 391.
Applications close 20th March 2018
Applicants must be approved to work in Australia and willing to apply for a Blue Card.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people.