Mar 15 | OSHC Assistant Coordinator | Ashgrove
The YMCA is one of Brisbane's most recognisable customer-focused community organisations.
The YMCA operates a number of services including Child Care, health and fitness, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and hospitality along with benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program.
The YMCA has been operating the OSHC service at Ashgrove School since March 2009. We are currently licenced for 135 children and provide Before School, After School and Vacation Care. The OSHC room is located adjacent to the school oval which allows children to flow freely from indoor to outdoor activities. The room has recently received a face lift and now provides a modern, bright homelike atmosphere.
There is a fully functional kitchen, inside toilets, a separate office and zones for children to play and learn. We pride ourselves in providing a varied program offering opportunities for children to be involved in activities such as; arts and craft, sports, cooking, stem, incursions and excursions. The service has access to many different areas for the children to play and learn, including an outdoor oval, multi-purpose building, and adventure playground.
Ashgrove OSHC is a friendly, family orientated service that strives to provide the best possible care and learning outcomes to the children of Ashgrove State School.
As a YMCA Assistant Coordinator, you will be employed on a permanent, part-time basis. Your working hours per week will be 34.5 hours during school terms and 38 hours during vacation care. The role will require you to be available to work split shifts 5 days per week.
In this position, you will assist the Service Coordinator with the day-to-day management and running of the service. You will receive support from a dedicated management team, consisting of the Coordinator, Area Coordinator and the OSHC Manager.
As an OSHC Assistant Coordinator you will assist with:
- The development of quality programs
- Managing the day to day running of the programs
- Supporting and managing staff
- Ensuring compliance with policy
- Undertake administrative requirements
- Work collaboratively with families and the school community
This is a great opportunity for you to take the next step in your career in childcare.
- Completed relevant qualifications in Childcare or Teaching (Minimum of Diploma in Children Services);
- Demonstrated experience in assisting with managing an OSHC service or similar and in the care and education of children;
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining effective administration and correct documentation in an OSHC service;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- First Aid and CPR certification or willingness to obtain;
- Certificate of Suitability to work with Children and Young People (Blue Card) or willingness to obtain.
- NQF knowledge would advantageous.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a wide range of benefits and rewards including:
- Split shift allowance payment
- Support from a management team with experience in the field
- Professional development opportunities
- Free YMCA gym membership
- Discounted accommodation rates at the George Williams Hotel
- Discounted rates at our childcare facilities
- Meal discounts at Old Petrie Town
- Discounted rate on health care through Medibank Private
- A range of online benefits through our online employee discounts and benefits program.
Interested? Apply Now!
APPLY TODAY by submitting a cover letter detailing your experience against the selection criteria as stated above and your resume directly via SEEK.
Applications close 21st March 2018
Applicants must be approved to work in Australia and willing to apply for a Blue Card.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people.