Mar 08 | OSHC Coordinator | Mt Gravatt
The YMCA is one of Brisbane's most recognisable customer-focused community organisations.
The YMCA operates a number of services including Child Care, health and fitness, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and hospitality along with benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program.
The YMCA Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) services offer before school, after school and vacation care for children attending primary school, including during their preparatory year.
Our approach to OSHC is to provide a high quality, inclusive care environment that gives children and young people the opportunity to learn, play, develop life skills and build lasting friendships in a safe, supported and friendly environment. Our programs and activities are aligned with the YMCA mission, to provide opportunities for all people to grow in body, mind and spirit.
In order to continue providing such excellent services, we are seeking an experienced, responsible, enthusiastic, reliable and friendly Coordinator for our OSHC service at Mt Gravatt.
This is a full-time contract position, covering a period of parental leave for 12 months, to commence in April 2018.
As a YMCA OSHC Coordinator you will:
- As a YMCA OSHC Coordinator you will:
- Develop quality programs
- Manage the day to day running of the programs
- Coordinate staffing and rostering of staff
- Support and manage staff
- Ensure compliance with policy
- Undertake administrative requirements
- Work collaboratively with families and the school community AND
- Be challenged, have the opportunity to make a real difference to your service and be provided with the opportunity to develop in your career!
- Relevant qualifications (preferably in teaching or childcare)
- Demonstrated experience in the care and education of children
- Demonstrated experience in managing an OSHC service and staff management
- Knowledge and understanding of all relevant and current legislation regarding the provision of school age care
- Excellent customer service and liaison skills
- Demonstrated sound computing skills including Qikkids and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Current Blue Card, First Aid and CPR certification or willingness to obtain
You will be rewarded with a wide range of YMCA benefits and discounts on several YMCA services including health and fitness memberships, hotel accommodation and childcare discounts. This will be coupled with professional support from a management team with experience in the field, and a fun and rewarding working environment.
Interested? Apply Now!
APPLY TODAY by submitting a cover letter detailing your experience against the selection criteria as stated above and your resume directly via SEEK.
Applications close 21st March 2018
Applicants must be approved to work in Australia and willing to apply for a Blue Card.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people.