Mar 08 | Your Career in Fitness | Jamboree Heights
The YMCA Jamboree Heights Fitness and Recreation Centre provides a fully equipped gym, group fitness rooms, gymnastics and childcare.
The main goal within our community is to create more opportunities for more people to be more active, more often, especially those who are least likely to participate in healthy and active lifestyles.
We are also running a number of community events and challenges including our current Cancer Survivor Program.
We are currently offering a varied casual role which consist of shifts ot our Reception/ Front Desk and shifts as Gym Floor Instructor.
As Gym Floor Instructor, you will provide high quality, results focused and professional gym instructing to facilitate people of all ages and varying needs through the delivery of safe and effective appraisals, programs, instruction, education and motivation. In this role, you will not be required to deliver personal training sessions but will assist our members on the floor with enquiries, doing inductions/programs for members as well as run small group sessions.
This is a casual position and requires flexibility to work early mornings, evenings and weekends. Approx. 10 hours on the Gym Floor as an Instructor and approx. 20 hours on reception.
You will need to be available from 5:00am – 8:30pm Monday – Friday and Saturdays 7:00am – 5:00pm.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to meet the following selection criteria:
- You must hold a Certificate IV in Fitness;
- Demonstrated exceptional customer focus and service skills;
- Excellent organisational, problem-solving and prioritisation skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and phone manner;
- Intermediate computer skills (POS, Outlook, MS Word/Excel);
- Current Senior First Aid & CPR or a willingness to obtain this;
- Possess, or be willing to obtain, a positive notice Blue Card in accordance with the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000;
- Willing to obtain a Safeguarding Children Certificate
- A current registration with Fitness Australia as a Group Exercise Instructor will be an advantage
A competitive remuneration package that meets industry expectations will be on offer to the successful applicant based on experience and qualifications. The YMCA also offers a wide range of YMCA benefits and discounts on several YMCA services including health and fitness memberships, hotel accommodation, dining discounts and childcare discounts. This will be coupled with professional support from a management team with experience in the field.
Interested? Apply Now!
APPLY TODAY by submitting a cover letter detailing your experience against the selection criteria as stated above and your resume directly via SEEK.
Applications close 21st March 2018
Applicants must be approved to work in Australia and willing to apply for a Blue Card.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people.