Mar 09 | Casual Vacation Care Assistants | Bowen Hills
The YMCA is one of Brisbane's most recognisable customer-focused community organisations.
The YMCA operates a number of services including Child Care, health and fitness, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and hospitality along with benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program. We are seeking like-minded individuals to join our team located in Bowen Hills for approximately 15-30 hours per week (must be available Monday – Friday).
These casual positions are available for the Easter holiday period in April 2018 with potential for further employment during future Vacation Care periods.
Within this role you will:
- Provide high quality care programs to children;
- Build strong and respectful relationships with children, families and team members;
- Provide safe, stimulating and fun environments for children;
- Meet all early childhood regulations, standards and workplace safety legislation;
- Work as part of an efficient and high functioning team;
- Hold a rewarding, challenging and interesting position;
- Be eligible for staff incentives and discounts.
To be successful in the role you must have the following:
- Experience working with children;
- Current First Aid and CPR Qualifications or a willingness to obtain;
- Positive Notice Blue Card or a willingness to obtain;
- A positive attitude and be a team player;
- Commitment to respect and fairness when working with school age children;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- A fantastic sense of fun with a tremendous imagination.
- Qualifications in childcare are highly regarded.
People studying a Bachelor of Education, Children's Services, Sports Coaching or OSHC qualification are highly encouraged to apply.
If you are looking for flexible working hours that balance work with your study or other commitments then this is the job for you.
Interested? Apply Now!
APPLY TODAY by submitting a cover letter detailing your experience against the selection criteria as stated above and your resume directly via SEEK.
Applications close 23rd March 2018
Applicants must be approved to work in Australia and willing to apply for a Blue Card.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people.